MICR calibration utility
View the manual
View the EULA
How to Uninstall
Print an order form
Send us a text at:
MICR / E-13b Fonts for Check Printing
Printing MICR Encoding
Do you want to print your own checks? Check printing requires a laser printer, special magnetic toner, check paper, and our MICR / E13-B fonts! U.S. law (Check 21 Act) and Canadian law (CPA006) requires the bottom sequence of numbers on a check be printed in a special font called MICR or E-13B, using magnetic toner. This font includes the numbers 0 through 9 and four special characters: On-Us, Transit, Amount, and Dash.
MICR printing must be exceedingly accurate. It requires a 600 dpi or better laser printer with a magnetic toner cartridge. Our software package includes the MICR font (E-13B) and a calibration program to ensure the checks you print will work at your bank. All fonts meet ANSI X9.27-1995, ANSI X9.100-160-1-2009, and the Canadian CPA006 standards.
This software package includes MICR fonts in TrueType and PostScript formats. They work in all current versions of Windows and the fonts themselves also work on Macs, Linux, and Unix. Need a PCL MICR font?
When printing checks, you also need a way to print the amount and the payee name in a secure fashion. This package also includes a limited set of eight different Secure Fonts™. They let you print payee names and check amounts in dollars, pounds sterling, Euros, or yens that are very hard to forge or alter. (Optio software users need the PCL bitmapped MICR font set.) Note that you only get a limited Secure Font set with the MICR font package.
Add a MICR Check Position Gauge to your order for accurate printing:
- Bonus: eight Secure Fonts™ to print payee names check amounts
- Features: ten versions of MICR to calibrate your system
- Optional: MICR Check Position Gauge
- Plus: calibration program to ensure your checks will work
- Special: two different signal strength font sets
- PDF Files: These fonts will not embed into a pdf file. If you need to embed these fonts in a pdf file, please purchase the embeddable add on font set during your purchase. Crystal Reports typically requires embeddable fonts.